Some comments on recent Earth Awareness and Schools Seminars include:
- The activities were quite interesting, thought provoking, and soul searching. There was an excellent balance between the theory and practice, allowing one to easily flow with the information, and not to feel overwhelmed.
- Jeg likte opplegget på fredag med Katharine. Det var en helt ny tilnærming å se klassemiljøet på. Jeg visste ikke mye om permakultur før, så dette var en fin introduksjon. Hun hadde med gode eksempler på hvordan en tankegang innen dette feltet kan være når det oppstår problemer, både i klasseromssetting samt i andre settinger.
- I feel that the seminar we had today was very informative and Katharine looked at everybody so we all felt included. She gave information that is stuck in my head because of the way she spoke. She always kept it interesting. You could easily see that she has a burning fire about life itself in all forms. I would really like for her to come back and visit us again at the new school.
- In order to help us understand our place on this wonderful planet Katharine takes us on a ‘time walk’ where she introduces to us the length of time the planet has been in existence as we walk through the forest. We become aware of our senses our movement sight smell. We begin to understand all the different phases the Earth is been through……And the we come to our present time……what we are doing to ourselves and the planet….what egotism is doing…but there is hope. Thanks Katharine for a truly inspiring day.
- Det var konkrete taktikker på hvordan en kunne bruke denne tankegangen for å utforske andre løsninger. Øvelsene var kreative og det var inspirerende å gjøre øvelsene sammen. Fikk mange ideer om hvordan vi kan bruke disse øvelsene sammen med elevene.
- Most often we move from point to point in our lives(straight hurried lines), not thinking of the more meandering lines of journey that allow us to connect with our surroundings through our senses and gain perspective of our rel
ationships and being. Katharine is gently inspirational.
- Turen ute i starten av opplegget var som en slags meditasjon med faktabasert informasjon underveis. Denne turen viste også konkrete måter å jobbe sammen med elevene på.